Game: Name that Dog!
10 clues to help you guess:
1. This breed has been used since ancient times to protect livestock from wolves, bears, and human foes.
2. Bred centuries ago to work with shepherds and herding dogs on the Pyrenees Mountains, the natural border between France and Spain
3. Remains of this breed has been found in fossil deposits of the Bronze Age (1800-1000 BC)
4. Their courage is legendary
5. Called Les Grande Chien des Montagnes
6. Adopted as a French court dog in the 17th century
7. Likely originated from Central Asia or Siberia and followed Aryan migration into Europe
8. Their fur is abundant yet their coat is dirt and tangle resistant
9. They should be brushed at least once a week; nails should be trimmed regularly; and their teeth should be brushed often
10. Innately patient with a Zen-like calm but can quickly move into action and exhibit speed when they meet a threat.
Answer: Great Pyrenees