Anders Zorn, Mrs. Walter Rathbone Bacon (Virginia Purdy Barker, 1862–1919), 1897
5 Interesting Facts:
1. The ancestors of this breed were brought by the Romans during their conquest of Britain in the first century of the Common Era.
2. Over several centuries, the Roman herding stock was interbred with local dogs.
3. The dog-loving Queen Victoria, during her many extended stays at Balmoral Castle on the Scottish Highlands, popularized the local herding breed among her courtiers and subjects during the second half of the 19th century.
4. Benjamin Harrison, 23rd president of the United States, owned one named Dash.
5. A prevalent theory holds that its present-day name derives from the name of a particular strain of back-faced sheep called colleys.
Answer: The Collie