Here are 10 facts to help you guess:
1. Painted in 1873
2. Was on loan to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena in 2014-15
3. In the permanent collection of the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C.
4. The model holding the puppy is Victorine Meurent
5. Victorine appeared in other paintings by this artist including Luncheon on the Grass
6. Victorine, who looks directly at the viewer, was a controversial figure in Parisian society
7. Victorine’s outfit was in vogue at the time
8. Painted near Gare St-Lazare in Paris
9. This work was accepted by the Paris Salon of 1874
10. Loose brushstrokes show the impressionist technique
Answer: Edouard Manet, The Railway, oil on canvas, 1873.